Sunday, October 28, 2007

All Crafts 4 Charity and Ravelry

Hello, and welcome to those of you who have found your way here from AC4C or from Ravelry. Please look around for some information about the Baby Pack. There are lots of links to patterns; check the side bar to get there quickly. With regard to fibers and yarns, please remember that the recipients of the packs do not have access to washing machines or dryers. The clothing may be washed in a river or pond, or under a cold water pump. Synthetics or blends are likely to dry faster in the subtropical climate than wool. Cotton would be nice, and breathable, too.

The contributions are starting to arrive. Some of them will go with me in my luggage on my upcoming trip to South Africa. Val Bailey, who coordinates the project, will be taking me to visit some of the clinics receiving the Baby Packs. I'll post lots of pictures, hopefully from South Africa, if the bandwidth permits.

Please leave a comment or suggestion; I'm always looking for new patterns and ideas.

No comments: